Friday, December 12, 2008

Building a Better Resume for Developers

Just ran accross this interesting blog entry, Building a Better Resume for Developers, that talks about a more lively version of a Resume.  I like the idea, but it makes me wonder, how do you "deliver" such a resume ?
  • Do I snail mail some kind of e-book to prospective employer ?
  • Do I simply e-mail a link to the Coder's CV ?
  • Some people LIKE paper, how do I get a printout of these dynamic views ?
  • What about those annoying sites some employers have that force you to put in text only information ?
I think we do need some kind of electronic resume these days in order to make ourselves easier to find and identify as a potential employee.  Just not sure what will work out in the long run.

In the meantime, I will keep on blogging, and figure out some way to put an executive summary/outline of who I am and what I've done that a prospective employer can quickly scan.

No comments: